Labels

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Wow, where to begin....

  It's been an amazing week in Beaver Crossing, my Hometown.....

  Yes, regards to Senor Keillor....he is an inspiration to Lutherans everywhere!  Wow, where to start......
Well, my PC has officially gone on the DL....dead power supply exhaust fan, or some such nonsense.  My father-in-law valiantly made an effort at emergency surgery several months ago.  The man actually created a new snap ring for the fan shaft out of a piece of aluminum soda can...yes, he is that talented.   It worked for several months, but has finally kicked the proverbial bucket.  Therefore, I have not had the ability to post for a few days.  Sorry. 

  This week, my EMT class started.  It has been interesting so far.  I'm really glad that I have taken anatomy and physiology already, because we covered it in 2 hours.....  I do believe that we will spend more time on the subject as we get into treatment.  There are 8 of us in the class, so it's a fun atmosphere.  We're all volunteer firepeople (can't be gender biased, you know...learned that in College English), so we all have a twisted, somewhat morbid sense of humor. 

  The class is the reason why I am here in Beaver Crossing this weekend.  My wife and kids are in Wyoming.  The skunk in the middle wanted a race car birthday, so we decided to give him one.  My in laws, who live in WY, are friendly with a local pastor who happens to moonlight as a race car driver.  So, Karyn took Daniel to meet him, check out his car, etc.  Apparently, they even got team tshirts for the boys with their names on the back.  They are watching his race tonight....awesome, wish I could be there. 

  However, since I am not there, I figured I'd best take advantage of the opportunity.  I'm taking our fishing raft out and going kitty fishing all night tonight.  I went out to a freind's pond yesterday to get bait (cut bait is legal to transport...), caught about 15-20 little bluegills and bullheads.  As I was getting ready to leave, I discovered that I had locked my keys in the car.   This was a double problem, as I only had 15 minutes to get to town for a Cub Scout activity.  The pond owner was not home, so finding a coathanger was out.  I worried about it for about 5-6 minutes, looking for appropriate sticks or something, when I came to a sudden realization.  Duh, I've got 3 fishing poles leaning against the car, and my window was slightly open for ventilation!  I felt silly.

  So, now it is Saturday afternoon, EMT class is over, and I am out the door.  I've got some catfish to catch.  I think Herr Keillor would be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment