Labels

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Marinara Sauce

  Having beaten pasta into submission yesterday, I had some homemade pasta in the fridge, when my brother's girlfriend came over this afternoon.  I didn't have time to start with raw tomatoes, but I put up a batch of basic tomato sauce earlier this summer.  (My Roma tomatoes are LITERALLY out of control, there are hundreds out there!)  So I whipped up this Marinara to go with the fettuccine.

Ingredients (serves 8):

2 Tbsp butter
1 c onion, finely chopped
1 c green pepper, finely chopped
2 pt tomato sauce
1/2 tsp salt
6 cloves garlic, minced (I was out, so I used 3 tsp granulated garlic)
1 Tbsp red wine (I used some sweet red, all I had)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil (or 1 Tbsp dried)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano (or 1 Tbsp dried)

  In a 2.5 qt saucepan, melt butter over high heat.  Add onion and peppers and saute until onions start to turn clear, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.  Add garlic and continue to saute for a couple of minutes.  Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until desired consistency reached. 

  Puree sauce and toss immediately with home made pasta!













No comments:

Post a Comment