Labels

Friday, September 7, 2012

Football and pasta

What do these have in common, you may ask?  Absolutely nothing!  Last time I was going to post on pasta and politics, but I can't remember what the political topic was....oh well. 

  So, we start with the pasta.  Daniel, the skunk in the middle, helped me learn to make whole wheat egg fettuccine a couple of days ago.  The recipe was pretty straightforward, stole it from allrecipes.com, I think.  However, it came out really dry, so I added a tablespoon of EVOO.  Then I got to play with my new toy.  My wife found a pasta roller/cutter at a local thrift shop for $15.  We looked it up and it seems to run on ebay for $75-$150.  We had to find a youtube video to figure out how to use it, since the instructions were all in Italian.  I assume it's Italian.  I speak French and a bit of Spanish and it definitely wasn't either of those.

  Daniel held the end of the pasta sheets whilst I ran the machine.  It worked AWESOME!!!  I may never buy pasta again.  This weekend Timmy, big brother skunk, and I are tackling Spinach and Cheese Ravioli with a Tomato Basil Cream Sauce.  Kind of making it up as I go, but I will post the recipe, with pictures.  I would have had pics of the fettuccine, but the battery was dead in the camera.

  Football plays in because today was the local high school's homecoming game.  Our Cub Scout pack does the flag raising for all the home games, so the whole family went.  We had a great time, and our Broncos were up 31-0 with one minute left in the first half.  I have no idea what happened after that.  James, the baby skunk, was getting tired, cold and cranky, so we came home.  It's always fun to watch HS football.  Living in Husker land and being from Denver, I'm accustomed to seeing pretty high quality football.  HS is hysterical, but man, those kids sure do try hard.

Anyhow, off to bed.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! No idea you'd become such a prolific poster. Really like what you've written, please keep it going. It's funny how our perspective of people (and the perspective people have of us) changes with situation/condition. Who we are at home, with family, at work, in meetings, on the phone, with friends, and in our written words all changes. That doesn't mean we're pretentious at all, it means we're human. However, there is an advantage to talking slow with a drawl and having people think you are dumber than you really are! George Bush and I can relate.....

    ReplyDelete