Labels

Friday, September 7, 2012

Best Laid Plans... (originally posted 8/28/12)

I had my evening planned out.  I was going to get the kids in bed, feed the dogs, get my bread and butter pickles brining in the fridge, and get a batch of peach butter going in the crockpot.  Then it was put up my feet and watch my Rockies.  Well….got the kids in bed, went to go get dog food and my pager went off.  I’m a volunteer firefighter, and a rescue call was being raised.

  The details were really sketchy: there was a man lying face down in the median of I-80.  No more details available from dispatch.  So, we load up the ambulance and head out…..still with no idea what to expect.  Just as we reach the interstate, a call comes in from a first responder in a nearby town, he had beaten us to the scene.  Great, let’s have some details…………there was a highway construction worker trying to pull a sign sleeve out of the ground….he had to lie down to dig it out.   Sigh….we turned around and headed home.  I got my pickles started and my peaches cut…finished at 11 pm.  Now I’m going to bed

  At least the Rockies won….so much for the best laid plans of mice and men….

No comments:

Post a Comment