Labels

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pasta has a learning curve

  Today's attempt at ravioli didn't work out so well.  I tried using an Alton Brown recipe, with a tweak of using whole wheat flour, but it did not do nearly as well as the fettuccine did.  I was able to make about 8 raviolis, but the rest of the dough just would not go through the roller.  It was too dry and not pliable AT ALL!  I think the problem lay in resting it too long and putting it in a covered bowl, rather than plastic wrapping it.  So, I will try again, hopefully with better results!

  I remember one of my brothers (I don't remember who) once complained that they just couldn't get food to turn out the way that I do sometimes.  I told him that it's taken me years of completely botching recipes to learn how to do things right.  That's half the fun of being creative, it doesn't usually work the first time!  Had to take a dose of my own advice today, but fear not!  I will get back on that horse and BREAK IT!!!

  Incidentally, the ravioli filling went well, as did the sauce.  I posted the sauce recipe (which I served over hastily prepared spaghetti instead of ravioli), but the filling recipe will have to wait until I pull off the pasta.  No fun without pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment