Labels

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Mini pizzas...4 year old style.

  When the wife heads out for the evening, with both the big brother skunk, and the baby skunk, I am left alone with Daniel, the skunk in the middle.  No problemo, we always have fun together.  Since we were on our own for supper, we had to kick it down a notch.  Daniel loves to be my sous chef, though for most of my recipes, there is very little that I want a 4 year old to do.  So we went with the old standby kiddo food....Mini Pizzas!

  It is so easy, it's just ridiculous.  I would have taken pictures, but the SD card was in the laptop, which Karyn had with her.  So, use your imagination!

Ingredients:

2 English Muffins
1 Tbsp EVOO
1/4 tsp granulated garlic
1/2 cup pasta sauce
1 c Shredded Mozzerella
1 eager 4 year old

  Halve muffins, and brush with EVOO.  Sprinkle lightly with garlic. 
  (Just a note, granulated garlic is worth it's weight in gold.  It doesn't clump, like garlic powder, and it is stronger, so a little goes much farther.  You will see it in a lot of my recipes when I don't want to deal  with fresh garlic.  Substitute 1/4 tsp for one clove minced). 
  Spoon pasta sauce onto muffins, spreading to cover the whole surface.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Place mini pizzas in toaster oven set to 425 deg for 10 minutes.  Let sit a few minutes to cool, and enjoy.

  The beauty of a simple recipe, is that a 4 year old can do all of it!  You can always add pepperoni, or peppers, but my skunk in the middle prefers cheese pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment