Labels

Friday, September 7, 2012

How Did I Become Mr. Mom? (originally posted 8/27/12)

  You know, I never thought that I would be one to start a blog.  But, having recently spent a lot of time reading blogs, I can see the value of being able to put one’s thoughts into “print”.  So, I am starting my own blog, which we will call, “How did I become Mr Mom?”

  My name is Rick.  I’m married, with 3 kids, all boys, ages 8, 4, and 4 weeks (as of Aug 25, 2012).  We live in a very small town in Eastern Nebraska, though I grew up in suburban Denver.  I’m an Army vet, on disability for a skin condition on my hands that makes it painful to do anything without wearing gloves.  Thank God for my kindle, it is much easier than a keyboard!  So, my job at Gallup as an interviewer has come to a very sad end.  My wife will be returning to teaching preschool this fall, so once again, I will get to play stay@home dad with the baby.  I’ve done it before, but this time it’s going to be a little bit longer term.
I am hoping to post regularly with thoughts, observations and lessons learnedly from being a MANLY homemaker.  My hope is that this blog will be a place where I might be able to pass on to other stay@home dads, and more importantly, learn it all myself.  I will post about learning how to care for an infant, housekeeping adventures, stories of my kids, and my biggest hobby, cooking!

  I hope this works as well for my sanity as I hope it will.  I also hope that if anyone happens to come across this, they can read with a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment